Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Here goes nothing...


Originally I did not want to create a family blog page because I feared that I would not be able to stop. I do not have much time on my hands and I can clearly see how this can be addictive. It seems that summer has officially ended and I think that I am pretty happy about that. This summer was a blast. However, I need a vacation from my kids summer vacation! Shareef and I celebrated five years of marriage this summer. He "surprised" me with a trip to Baltimore. We stayed at the Waterfront Marriot, our suite was beautiful and we had a wonderful time.

The 2008-2009 school year has kicked off with a bang. Jordan is in the 6th grade and loving every minute of it. Well I may be pushing it with that. Khamari is home schooled and is doing excellent in his studies thus far. He is reading small words which is very exciting for everyone. He and I spend most of of our days together which makes us both very happy. I am grateful to be able to be with my children each day after school and to have an integral role in their education.

We got a turtle this summer. He is an Eastern Box, Khamari named him Cheeto. He is a pure pain in the butt. I love turtles but I cannot get him to eat and I am concerned for his health. If anyone knows anything about box turtles please let me know. To have such a small brain they are very complex creatures.

We are all growing so much, this has nothing to do with me eating a half pan of brownies as some of you may have guessed. Shareef and I always say to one another that we feel so grown now. I love being the grown up in the house. Life is good in the El'Amin household.

One Love

1 comment:

drmudgett said...

did you know you can make brownies (cake works better) by replacing all of yhe ingredients except the mix with a can of pureed pumlin? Drew's mom made chocolate cupcakes that way and it turned out to be just as good (in my opinion as the regular way). We made brownies that way, they turned out ok, a little denser than normal, I over cooked them by like 20 minutes so I can't say for sure, but they tasted alright! Glad to hear things are going well!